- Do not wear any makeup to the office, including eye makeup.
- Do not wear contact lenses to surgery.
- Do not wear jewelry to surgery, and leave all valuables at home.
- YOU MAY NOT EAT OR DRINK AFTER MIDNIGHT prior to the morning of your surgery unless specifically instructed otherwise.
- If you take medication on a daily basis, please notify the doctor or nurse. On occasion we will want you to take your medication with a small sip of water upon awakening.
- Wash your hair the night prior to surgery. Do not apply hairspray or large amounts of conditioner.
- WEAR LOOSE FITTING CLOTHES THAT YOU DO NOT HAVE TO PULL OVER YOUR HEAD. Pull-on sweatpants and open-front shirts are recommended. PLEASE WEAR SLIDE-ON SHOES AND WARM SOCKS. Please do not wear laced shoes or zippered pants.
- Prescriptions will be given to you at your preop appointment. YOU SHOULD BRING YOUR FILLED PRESCRIPTIONS WITH YOU TO SURGERY.
- Please refrain from alcoholic beverages for two weeks prior to surgery.
- Please do not take aspirin, naproxen, ibuprofen, Vitamin E, flax seed oil, evening primrose oil or herbal supplements for three weeks prior and three weeks after surgery. The use of these products may increase bleeding.
- Please take 3000mg of Vitamin C (1000mg three times per day) for at least two weeks prior to surgery. We also encourage the use of Arnica beginning two to three days prior to surgery (Arnica may contain lactose and sucrose). Arnica is available in health food and vitamin stores. Continue taking 3000mg of Vitamin C per day and three tablets of Arnica three times per day for two weeks after surgery. Arnica gel should also be used following your procedure on any visible bruises.
- We encourage the continued use of Vitamin C topical serum and Botox injections to enhance and maintain your surgical results.
- Inform the doctor or nurse if you are developing a cold, chest congestion, nasal stuffiness or skin irritation.
- Please notify the doctor or nurse if you tend to bruise easily.
- IF YOU SMOKE, REFRAIN FROM CIGARETTES AT LEAST TWO WEEKS PRIOR TO AND UNTIL COMPLETELY HEALED, OR AT LEAST THREE WEEKS AFTER SURGERY. THE HEALTH OF YOUR SKIN AND THE ABILITY OF YOUR WOUNDS TO HEAL IS GREATLY IMPAIRED BY THE EFFECTS OF CIGARETTE SMOKING.
- Please protect your skin from the sun by wearing sunscreen and/or a hat both before and after your surgery.
Back to Common Questions